Technology roadmapping is a needs-driven planning process that selects and implements technology to satisfy business needs. Technology roadmapping provides you with the information you need to make better technology decisions. It identifies critical technologies, technology gaps and ways to leverage your existing technology investments.
Emerald works collaboratively with key personnel in your organization to create a technology roadmap that:
- Develops a consensus about company needs and the technologies required to satisfy those needs.
- Forecasts technology developments in targeted areas.
- Provides a framework to coordinate technology investment within your company.
Emerald tailors its Technology Roadmaps for each client. Depending on your organization’s needs, we can develop annual and long-term technology plans, technology migrations, business needs assessments, budget planning and investment schedules. Our time-tested technology roadmapping process includes the following six key steps:
- Evaluate existing technology and how well it meets your organization’s business objectives.
- Identify technology alternatives to improve workflow, lower costs or mitigate deficiencies.
- Prepare cost/benefit analyses for technology alternatives.
- Recommend changes, as appropriate.
- Develop an implementation plan for recommended changes.
- Present findings to company executives.
Emerald’s experienced Senior System Consultants can help you develop a technology roadmap that supports you efficiently today, scales easily to accommodate growth tomorrow, and incorporates emerging technologies exactly when you need them.
Contact us to find out more about Emerald’s Technology Roadmaps and how we can help your organization make sensible, forward-thinking decisions about your investment in technology.